Career And College Prep
Career and College Prep
Are you a 7th–12th grader looking to get a jump-start on your future? You can use your high school years to figure out where you want to go and how to get there. In addition to core courses, you’ll take career-focused classes to explore your options and find your passion—all while earning your high school diploma. Discovering what you want to do now can prepare you to dive into a career right out of high school or help you make the right decision about your college major.
Take career-focused courses in the high-demand pathway of your choice:
Student Success Coaching
TVAH high school students can meet with Success Coaches to get advice on creating résumés, networking, interviewing, financial aid, college preparation, internships, and more! These virtual sessions are free to students at K12-powered schools.
You can also:
Participate in career clubs
Gain workplace skills
Prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams upon graduation*
Job Shadow Week
K12 teamed up with businesses across the nation to give students the opportunity to explore different career fields while discovering their passions. Watch as K12-powered students experience Job Shadow Week.
TVAH students can enroll in career clubs, also called career technical service organizations (CTSOs). CTSOs allow students with similar career interests to connect, practice professional skills, work on service projects, take field trips, and compete against other local, state, and national schools. TVAH offers these career clubs:
With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered by the TVAH course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA
* Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.