Business, Marketing, and Finance
Test-drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting and Financial Services—This pathway prepares students to examine, analyze, and interpret financial records; perform financial services; prepare financial statements; interpret accounting records; give advice; and audit and evaluate statements prepared by others.
- Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to plan, direct, and coordinate the management and operations of public or private sector organizations; formulate policies; manage daily operations; analyze management structures; and plan for the use of materials and human resources.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Financial Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Small Business Owner
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Benefits Specialist—$64,560/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$37,000/year
- Customer Service Representative—$34,710/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Intuit QuickBooks® certification
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)