Destinations Career Academy at TVAH
Your student can prepare for college, career, or both with the Destinations Career Academy at TVAH.
What is Destinations?
The Destinations Career Academy at TVAH is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines core academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in these high-demand career fields: Business, Marketing, and Finance; Health Science; and Information Technology. Texas-certified teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students can participate in career-oriented clubs, gain workplace skills, and prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following high-demand career fields:
- Business, Marketing, and Finance: Careers in finance, marketing, and planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business, Marketing, and Finance.
- Health Science: Careers in planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development. Learn more about Health Science.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
*Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.
2019 Job Shadow Week
K12 and Destinations Career Academies teamed up with businesses across the nation to give students the opportunity to explore different career fields while discovering their passions. Watch as Indiana Digital Learning School student, Dejah, experiences 2019 Job Shadow Week.SkillsUSA Membership
Destinations students can join the SkillsUSA chapter at TVAH. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered by TVAH course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA